Maxillofacial rehabilitation is for children as well as adults. It is used to treat dysfunctions of the jaw, tongue, face, neck and head. Lingual rehabilitation is performed according to the principles of Maryvonne Fournier.
Its field of intervention is wide :
- support in orthodontic treatment manducatorial apparatus
- dysfunction (DAM)
- facial fracture, orthognathic surgery (jaw surgery)
- snoring, sinusitis, Obstructive sleep hypopnea syndrome (OSAHS)
- facial paralysis, hemiplegia …
- speech problem, chewing …
Masso-kinesitherapy, prospective study on orofacial dyspraxias and DAM between a group of swimmers and a control group.Orofacial dyspraxias are defi ned by dysfunctions, deviation, or even hypersol licitation of the orofacial sphere. They are closely related to...
Lingual placement with a flautistAs part of orthodontic treatment, Observation of lingual placement in a 16-year-old flautist patient.
Labial dyspraxia during swallowingAs part of orthodontic treatment for twins aged 13, the maxillofacial assessment shows primary swallowing with labial dyspraxia